ENJOY THE SHANNONS ADELAIDE RALLY
We trust you will enjoy the 2020 Shannons Adelaide Rally and MSS Safety Gorge Rallsprint.
Motor racing is dangerous and for your safety we ask that you always follow the directions of marshals and officials. Only stand and spectate within a designated spectator zone. Within the closed-road areas of our free community events, there may be vehicles moving in close proximity to the crowd - always keep a look out for and give way to these vehicles. Use common sense and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Notwithstanding the above information, please refer to the MOTORSPORT AUSTRALIA disclaimer below.
The best way to see the Adelaide Rally cars up close is at one of our free community events:
• Amadio Wines Gouger Street Party – Friday November 27th from 5:30pm
• Bridgewater Lunch Stop – Saturday November 28th from 12:00pm
• East End Finale – Saturday November 28th from 3:30pm
We do not recommend spectating the rally within the closed road sections.
ADELAIDE RALLY -
FREE COMMUNITY EVENTS
This information is intended for those visiting or residing in or near closed-road rally stages. We do not recommend spectating the rally within the closed road sections. Spectators must follow directions given by officials. Do not enter private property without permission. Police will be in attendance.
Please note the spectator exclusion zones in the diagram below – click to enlarge it.
• STAY ALERT! The unexpected may happen
• WAIT until the police car with the flashing lights passes before moving onto or across the road, even if there has been a long gap between car – some race cars may have been delayed and still be competing
• STAND where you can see competing cars coming and going
• LEAVE ROOM to move away quickly
• SPECTATE from behind the green and white or orange (town stages) tapes
• SUPERVISE CHILDREN closely and constantly
• KEEP ANIMALS on a lead
• OBEY OFFICIALS – they have been trained in safe spectating procedures and the stage will not progress until instructions have been followed
• STUDY and be aware of the spectator exclusion zones in the diagram on this page
• SIT OR STAND in spectator exclusion zones as shown in the diagram
• SIT OR STAND close to the edge of the road
• STAND BELOW ROAD LEVEL, in gutters or culverts or below embankments
• SIT AT ROAD LEVEL – standing will allow for a quicker escape if required
• SIT OR STAND behind the red and white tape
• SIT OR STAND in front of arrows or signs relevant to the running of the Rally
• BE DISTRACTED – always face competing cars
• STEP ONTO THE ROAD to cross the road or for any other reason, until the road is officially reopened
• PLAY GAMES with your safety or that of other people
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS
Persons are reminded that motorsport is dangerous and accidents do happen. All care is taken to protect the public but you are warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing property damage, injury or death. In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the event, you hereby acknowledge that the entry to the event has a degree of danger and agree to release Massive Events Corp P/L, Rally One P/L, Motorsport Australia, clubs, corporations, organisations and persons having any connections with the promoting, organising or conduct with the event shall have no liability to you except in regard to any rights you may have arising using the Trade Practice Act 1974. This includes:
• to release Motorsport Australia and Australian Motor Sport Commission Ltd, promoters, sponsor organisations, land owners and lessees, organisers of the event, their respective servants, officials, representatives and agents (collectively, the 'Associated Entities') from all liability for your death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage) ('harm') howsoever arising from your participation in or attendance at the event, except to the extent prohibited by law;
• that Motorsport Australia and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or express, that the event services shall be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services shall be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied; and
• to attend or participate in the event at your own risk.
You acknowledge that:
• the risks associated with attending or participating in the event include the risk that you may suffer harm as a result of:
- motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, persons or property;
- acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and
- the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the event.
• motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to you.
You accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by Motorsport Australia and the Associated Entities.